Appointments : 0141 531 9570
Consultation is by appointment within times shown below:
- Monday 8:30am to 10:30am & 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Tuesday *7:00am to 8:00am then 8:30am to 10:30am (Practice is closed medical emergencies only)
- Wednesday *7:00am to 8:00am then 8:30am to 10:30am & 1:40pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday 8:00am to 8:30am to 10:30am & 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Friday 8:30am to 10:30am & 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Please note appointment times will vary during holidays and illness
- The Practice closes for lunch between 12:30pm and 1:30pm
- The Practice operates on the day appointments whereby if you require a morning appointment for that day please call the surgery after 8:00am, if you require an afternoon appointment for that day please call the surgery after 11:00am
- We also have early morning and afternoon pre-bookable appointments, whereby you can book an appointment to see most GPs one month in advance. (These appointment can be arranged at any time)
- You can also request a telephone consultation, whereby the Doctor will call you at a given time to discuss your medical problem via the telephone if this is more suitable
- Sometimes you may have to wait longer if you wish to see a specific Doctor within the Practice,(this is especially true when your GP of choice is on holiday or unwell) we do remind patients that there are other Doctors within the Practice who can also see you regarding your medical problem
- Our female partner Dr Naila Rasul works part-time, therefore you may have to wait longer for an appointment with her, if you specifically only wish to consult with a female doctor
- If you are late for your GP or Nurse appointment you will only be seen at the discretion of the GP or Nurse . Telephone appointment cancellations cannot be taken after 4:00pm
- Please always remember to check in with the receptionist before seeing your GP
Please note appointment times maybe subject to change.
Extended Practice Opening Hours
As part of the Government’s plans to improve healthcare we are now open three mornings per week *from 7am (see above for start times and days), mainly to see patients who are unable to attend during the day for their appointment. Please note no reception staff are on duty at these times, and you will therefore not be able to contact the Practice by phone. If you are late for an early morning appointment you will not be seen. If you need to cancel you appointment within 24 hours please either phone or use the website form. When you arrive for your appointment please wait in the waiting room and one of the doctor’s will call you.
This service will be for routine medical conditions and is not an emergency service. The service is limited where doctors will be restricted in their physical examination of patients, and scope to arrange investigation. (This is because of the absence of practice nursing/ treatment room services and lab service back-up which the Scottish Government has decided not to fund).
Patients will therefore not be able to have blood tests, smear tests or an intimate examination requiring assistance from a chaperone, any chronic disease management review, or dressings or ear syringing, but will have to return for a day-time appointment if these services are required. Young children and the elderly who require to be brought to the surgery by working family members will also be welcome to these appointments.
If you become unwell after 6:00pm please call NHS 24 as usual – 111
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays).
If you are Late
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
Private Medical Examinations
Medical examinations for special purposes such as pre-employment, fitness to travel, elderly drivers, fitness to undertake sports etc., will require longer than a routine appointment.
These examinations do not form part of NHS Services, you will be charged for any such examination. Please check the fee chargeable when you require to arrange any such examination. Please inform the receptionist when arranging such appointments.
Request for GP Letters/Completion of Forms
If your Doctor has agreed to write a letter for you in connection with your employment, acting as a referee, or for some other specific area, you may be charged for this letter. Please allow at least five working days before collecting your letter, if you require this letter urgently please inform your Doctor during your consultation. If you wish your Doctor to complete a form/report for you, there will also be a charge for this, please allow at least two working days before uplifting your form.
The reception staff will advise you of any applicable charges.